At St John’s we believe that students should be encouraged to express themselves outside the classroom, through participating in a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
Some of our offerings include:
- creative and performing arts opportunities in choir, music and drama
- School Choir: We have various opportunities to enjoy and perform at functions such as the Diocesan Creative Arts Expo and Eisteddfods.
- Book Week activities that enhance our reading program
- Garden program
- Year 6 Diocesan ‘Voice of Youth’ public speaking competition
- sporting events which encourage enjoyment for all
- representing the school by competing at inter-diocesan and state level in various arenas in netball, touch football, basketball and soccer
- transition programs, including the Kindergarten Starting School program, which is held in Term 4 of the year before the student starts school. And the Year 6 high school transition program
- student leadership opportunities, including formal leadership responsibilities for Year 6 students
- excursions and incursions, including in-school performances aimed at developing and deepening students’ knowledge, understanding and skills
- Riverstone Festival street parade and choir performance
- Community involvement including social justice initiatives.