St John’s Primary is actively engaged with the local community in a number of ways.
This instils in our students a sense of social justice, allowing them to reach out to others.
Students also have the opportunity to participate in charitable works and social outreach, allowing them to give back to their communities. We develop in our students a keen love for God, themselves, others, and their world.
Some of our involvement includes regular support, participation and attendance at community events, such as:
- ANZAC Day commemorations
- the Riverstone Festival street parade and stall
- the Hawkesbury Festival
- choir performances in the Riverstone Festival, Riverstone Community Centre on International Women’s Day, and other community events
- social outreach programs such as St Vinnies Winter sleepout, fundraising for Cancer, MS Read-a-thon in support of Multiple Sclerosis, and responding to support and awareness-raising needs as they arise
- supporting the parish and Catholic Missions
- community Christmas carols and celebrations.